A. Personal Data Collected
The personal data which we may collect from you via whatever means, may include but is not limited, to the following:
- Personal details such as name, identity card or passport number, gender, race, nationality, date of birth or age, marital status, occupation, photo, credit card number, assets, financial and banking account details;
- Contact details such as address, telephone number, fax number, mobile number and email address;
- Information in connection with products or services provided by us or you have registered your interest with us for information, updates, inquiries, engagement, etc;
- Billing and payment status and records
- Personal interests or preference such as language, product or content interests, communicating and marketing preferences;
- Your image, by way of video or photo shooting during our seminar, corporate event, etc; or
- Personal data from credit reporting agencies, government agencies, credit bureau reports, etc.
B. Source of Personal Data Collected
Your personal data which we may collect from you via whatever means, may include from:
- Legal representatives;
- Service providers (e.g. outsourcing IT, human resources and accounting services, merchant bankers, etc);
- Employer or employee when you, your legal representatives, service providers and/or employer / employee send us completed enquiry application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues or in any of our premises;
- Third party sources such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, credit bureau reported, and publicly available source of information any companies within DFCITY;
- Inquiry or communication made with or to DFCITY; or
- Credit application forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies
C. Purpose of Personal Data Collected
Your personal data has been collected for the following purposes:
- To process necessary transaction in relation to certain matter (ie. Sales, purchases, payment);
- To help us monitor and improve our products and services offered to you;
- To retain good relationship with existing and prospective customer and enhance business development by understanding your needs and offering products or services to meet these needs;
- To communicate with you in relation to our products or services and respond to your queries;
- To contact you regarding products or services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials by us or our network company from time to time, which we may feel interest you;
- To conduct internal marketing analysis and analysis of customer patterns and choices;
- Compliance with applicable law and regulation;
- For internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- Where necessary, disclose the above information to a third party as required by law or in order for such party to perform obligation as required by laws and regulations; or
- For all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
D. Protection of Personal Data
“Sensitive Personal Data” means any personal data consisting of information as to physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offense or any personal data prescribed under law as sensitive personal data.
E. Disclosure of Personal Data
Your personal information provided to us is processed by entities within DFCITY (including related business units, companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, and associated companies).
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section C above (or directly related to those purposes). These third parties may include:
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, consultants, contractors, professional advisors, service providers, , contractors, other advisers, travel agencies and insurance companies);
- Our business partners or affiliates who may jointly provide the products or service requested or inform you the products or services which we believe will be of interest to you;
- Members of the DFCITY Group and other third parties in order to respond to your requests or inquiries, as part of a corporate transaction such as a sale, divestiture, merger or acquisition, or where those parties handle information on our behalf;
- Clearing or payment system or intermediary bank we or our affiliates may use in connection with our or our affiliates’ business;
- Drawee bank providing a copy of a paid cheque (which may contain information about the payee);
- Law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies, or to other third parties, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests Relevant governmental authorities, statutory authorities, local council and industry regulators;
- Personal information may also be disclosed to other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent to such parties as we or our business units may be required by law, court, regulator or legal process to disclose; or
- To such parties as may be permitted under Malaysian law.
- In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organisation (“Transaction”), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit DFCITY to release your personal information to the other party and its advisers / representatives.
Links to other sites is provided for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statement in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
G. Retention of Personal Data
We may retain your personal data as long as necessary for the purposes as explained above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements to protect DFCITY’s interest.
H. Right to Access
Under the Act, you have the rights to access your personal data or may request for the correction of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
DFCITY Group Berhad.
Lot 197, Jalan Sungai Putat
Tel: +606 – 317 2028 Fax: +606 – 317 9324
Email Address: email@example.com
We will notify you of such amendments via email or you may refer to our updated policy from our website.